Ad code

#RIPHeavyD: Dead at Only 44 (UPDATED)

Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. If you choose to purchase after clicking a link, we may receive a commission.

We lost another one....

Influential 90's Rapper/ Producer, Heavy D has passed away at the age of 44 today.

Heavy D -- real name Dwight Arrington Myers -- was rushed to an L.A. hospital around noon today ... and was pronounced dead at the hospital at 1 PM.

Reports say the 911 call was placed from Heavy's Beverly Hills home around 11:25 AM to report an unconscious male on the walkway.

When help arrived, sources say Heavy D was conscious and speaking -- and was transported to a nearby hospital.

He died a short time later.

Cops are investigating the death -- and so far, there are no obvious signs of foul play. Police are currently at the home.

Heavy D tweeted just hours before his death...oddly enough saying RIP to Joe Frazier. Then leaves the world with these last words..


Recently, he was also seen coming back into the spotlight at the BET Hip-Hop awards and this Michael Jackson Tribute Concert in Wales on October 8 below with Latoya Jackson...

Check out Heavy D doing his thing back in the 90's...

RIP homie...


We know a little more of what exactly happened to Heavy...

An associate of Heavy D's said the rapper had pneumonia.

Law enforcement says Heavy D had just returned from shopping and walked up some stairs when he began having trouble breathing. Adam Mills, a designer who was in the building and knew Heavy D, found him leaning against a railing and clearly in distress. Adam tells us he cradled Heavy D in his lap as others called 911.

Adam says Heavy D was conscious and said to him,
"I can't breathe, I can't breathe."
When paramedics took Heavy D to the hospital he had a pulse. People in the building are saying he died of a heart attack, but we have not been able to confirm that.

UPDATE (11/10/11)

One of his most recent trainers -- a guy named Tony, who helped Heavy D lose 150 pounds in 2008 says Heavy D stopped in to Ultra Body Fitness in West Hollywood 3 months before his death ... and began to re-strategize his training program.

Tony says, the rapper looked like he hadn't worked out in a while and wanted to get active again.

At that point, sources close to Heavy D tell us, the rapper embarked on a daily running regimen and frequented several other nearby gyms to diversify his exercise experience -- incorporating everything from hiking to boxing.

At his peak, Tony says Heavy worked out 6-7 days a week.

When he died, he says everyone at Ultra Body Fitness was shocked.

Post a Comment