HACKERS WIN! SONY Cancels New Movie The Interview! See How Much Money Was LOST...


Ladies and gentlemen, SONY has officially lost it's battle with their hackers...

Even though SONY tried to mussel media outlets from reporting on the hacked information leaked, the mega media company was defeated.

Hours after it was reported that the four biggest movie theater chains in the United States would not show Seth Rogen and James Franco’s film, "The Interview" -- which featured a plot to kill North Korea's Supreme Leader -- Sony Pictures formally announced the decision to cancel the release of the film, which was set to open in theaters on December 25th.



BBC--

Hackers targeting Sony Pictures had threatened to attack US cinemas showing the studio's film.

They belong to the same group which has released emails and data stolen from Sony.

Calling themselves Guardians of Peace, the hackers mentioned the 9/11 attacks in a recent warning, claiming "the world will be full of fear".

"Remember the 11th of September 2001. We recommend you to keep yourself distant from the places at that time," the hacker group wrote in a message on Tuesday.

"If your house is nearby, you'd better leave," they add. "Whatever comes in the coming days is called by the greed of Sony Pictures Entertainment."

The Department of Homeland Security said there was "no credible intelligence to indicate an active plot" against cinemas, but noted it was still analysing messages from the group.

A spokesman for Landmark, the cinema chain due to host the New York premiere, confirmed the showing had been cancelled but gave no reason, Reuters news agency reported.

Executives from Sony had previously said they would not object if cinemas chose not to show The Interview.

Carmike Cinemas, which operates 278 venues across the country, has cancelled planned screenings, according to several news outlets.

Others have backed the movie. "If they play it, we'll show it," said Tom Stephenson, CEO of Look Cinemas.

"Sony has a right to make the movie, we have a right to play it and censorship in general is a bad thing."

The film's stars, James Franco and Seth Rogen, have also pulled out of several media appearances including appearances on the chat shows Late Night with Seth Meyers and The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon.

Forbes --

Sony will take a huge loss on the film which cost $44 million to produce. We know the exact cost of the film because the movie’s budget was part of the cache of leaked documents which also showed that star Seth Rogen was paid $8.4 million for his work on the film while costar James Franco earned $6.5 million.

It’s hard to quantify how badly this hack has hurt Sony. By doling out salacious emails over many weeks, the hackers have kept the story alive when it might have otherwise quietly faded away. There’s almost no question that executives will lose their jobs over this and the studio will have to spend months repairing damaged relationships with celebrities who were bad-mouthed in emails. Everyone in Hollywood understand that any studio’s emails would likely be filled with similar sentiments but there’s something painfully stark about seeing the words in print.


CLICK BELOW TO GET ALL THE SCOOP ON THE SONY HACK & SEE WHAT WAS LEAKED!

WHO HACKED SONY BIG TIME!?? EVERYTHING REVEALED FROM RACIST EMAILS TOWARDS PRESIDENT, SALARIES, SS#’S AND MORE! N. KOREA & SONY RESPOND…



4 comments:

 

POLITICAL TALK

LATEST 411


FOOTBALL TALK