Where to celebrate this 4th of July for FREE....
- Coney Island Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest, Brooklyn NY is held every year at 11:30 a.m. and 12 p.m., only a short train ride away. A $20,000 prize is granted to the winner of the challenge, so it's a feat worth watching. And while you're down there, hop on the Cyclone or the Wonder Wheel, take a walk down the Boardwalk and play some games.
- Macy’s 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular, NYC. Barges will be positioned between 24 and 59 Streets on the Hudson River and the fireworks start at 9:20 p.m. The Fireworks can be viewed from any area with an unobstructed view of the sky above the Hudson River. For the best views, head to 12 Avenue below 59 Street at the following access points along 11 Avenue: 24 Street, 26-30 Streets, 34 Street, 40-44 Streets, 47-52 Streets, 54-57 Streets.
Boston Pops concert, Boston: Begins at 8:30 p.m.; Fireworks at 10:30 p.m. Cost: FREE! Where: Along the Charles River. The Pops concert takes place at the Hatch Shell, located on the Charles River Esplanade. Access the Hatch Shell from the north end of Arlington Street at David G. Mugar Way. Walk across the Arthur Fiedler Footbridge. The shell will be to your right on Storrow Drive. If you insist on grabbing a spot inside the oval - the area immediately in front of the Hatch Shell which opens at 9 a.m. - plan for an all-day wait.
- July 4th Fireworks at Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum
This free 60 minute fireworks show launched from near the LA Memorial Coliseum is not actually in the Coliseum, but can be viewed from areas around Exposition Park including from Christmas Tree Lane or from the south lawn. Bring blankets or lawn chairs to enjoy the show. The fun starts at 8:45 pm
Where: Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, 3911 S. Figueroa Street, Los Angeles, CA
- Buckhead, Atlanta: Lenox Square is home to the largest fireworks display in the southeast. The show begins at 6 pm with local bands providing live musical entertainment. The fireworks are scheduled to begin at approximately 9:35 p.m. Lenox Square shops are open from 10 am to 6 pm.
- July 4th Celebration, City of Kissimmee FL - From 5:00pm till 9:30 pm at Kissimmee's Lakefront Park. A free concert starts the festivities. Coolers are permitted into the park, but no alcoholic beverages are allowed in. Food and Beverages can be purchased at the park. Call 407-518-2501 for more information.
- Party in the Park, Winter Garden FL - Live Music family activities, food and more. Festivities begin at 5:00pm, fireworks show at 9:15pm. Parking is available at Health Central Park and Dillard Street Elementary.
- Star Spangled Sanford, FL
Food, Fun, Activities and Fireworks are on tap from 5:00 pm till 10:00 pm on the RiverWalk with fireworks display over Lake Monroe. Kids can play in Central Florida's largest Splash Pan and new Ft. Melon play area till 8pm.
- Fireworks at the Fountain Downtown Orlando - July 4th entertainment, games and food from 4 pm to 10 pm with fireworks starting at 9:30 pm at Lake Eola Park. Check their web site for parking information and event map.