Trayvon Martin's case is taking a twisted turn...
UPDATE (April 11,2012):
- 5:45pm: Trayvon Martin's killer, George Zimmerman is in custody. Reports say he surrendered himself in Tallahassee due to a warrant, to be charged with 2nd-degree murder!
- 6pm: After 44 days Travyon's parents will now see their son's killer, George Zimmerman, arrested. The Florida Prosecutor officially announced, after a thorough investigation, Zimmerman will be charged with 2nd Degree Murder.
- The Prosecutor states the state knew their decision for over a week and knew where Zimmerman was located but according to Florida law could not arrest him yet.
- Florida State says they will begin prosecution and a search for a jury. If Zimmerman is proven guilty he faces 30years to life in prison.
- 6:40pm: Trayvon's parents give many thanks with their lawyer saying, "This is the first base to justice."
- 7:12pm: Zimmerman's new lawyer says he thinks trial will not be televised.
- 7:30pm: Zimmerman is taken to Seminole County jail. (You can see his mu shot above)
- Zimmerman is scheduled to be arraigned May 29 following an April 20 hearing.
Some law experts say 2nd Degree Murder could be too hard too prove and with the Not-Guilty verdict of Casey Anthony are worried it could happen all over again. What do you think will happen to George Zimmerman?
This week not only did we learn Trayvon Martin's case was NOT going to Grand Jury for arrest.... but before he was arrested and charged, Trayvon's shooter, Zimmerman was even on the run from his previous lawyers...
"As of the last couple days he has not returned phone calls, text messages or emails,"
Zimerman's lawyer said at a news conference outside Seminole County Courthouse in Sanford, Fla.
"He's gone on his own. I'm not sure what he's doing or who he's talking to. I cannot go forward speaking to the public about George Zimmerman and this case as representing him because I've lost contact with him."
“You can stop looking in Florida....Look much further away than that.”
Zimmerman launched a Web site writing,
“I was involved in a life altering event which led me to become the subject of intense media coverage. As a result of the incident and subsequent media coverage, I have been forced to leave my home, my school, my employer, my family and ultimately, my entire life.”
Trayvon Martin's mother said she didn't want Zimmerman's website to distract anyone...
"We just want him to be arrested so he can come before a judge and jury."
Zimmerman, 28, shot and killed the unarmed 17 year old after reporting him as a suspicious person in a gated Sanford community.
In the meantime, the Justice Department is also investigating the Martin shooting as a potential hate crime.
Get more details in the Trayvon's case. Click here.